Added on: 26th January, 2016 by O1
FILM TO RETURN TO ORPINGTON ON FEBRUARY 26TH AFTER THREE DECADES AWAY - AS NEW ODEON CINEMA ANNOUNCES OPENING DATE
• New seven screen ODEON cinema to open in Orpington in exactly one month - on Friday, February 26th
• Guests will be able to enjoy its state-of-the-art ISENSE screen – one of only two in the UK – and freshly baked Croma pizza in-cinema
• Cinema is first in Orpington for 34 years, with E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial topping a poll of films that residents most missed during those three decades
• Tickets on-sale soon, with opening weekend ticket deals to be announced
ODEON – Europe’s largest cinema group – has confirmed it will be opening its new state-of-the-art Orpington cinema to the public in one month’s time, on Friday, February 26th.
Orpington’s first cinema for 34 years, ODEON Orpington will boast 959 seats across seven screens – and feature a state-of-the-art ISENSE screen and a host of other cutting-edge cinema tech. The cinema will also feature an in-screen dining concept with freshly baked pizza, from our Croma Pizza Point counter, as part of a range of fantastic food and drink options for guests.
One of only two currently in the UK, the cinema’s ISENSE screen features luxury seating throughout and cutting-edge Dolby ATMOS sound, designed to deliver a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience – whilst the Croma pizza kitchen will serve slices of traditional and innovative Italian pizzas, made to order using the finest ingredients and ready within minutes.
Guests will have the chance to enjoy fantastic deals on the opening weekend (watch this space!) with tickets available to pre-order soon via ODEON.co.uk, with no booking fees, to top titles such as Goosebumps and Zoolander 2.
To mark the impending launch of the new cinema, ODEON asked over 350 Kent residents to put forward the films they have missed out on in seeing in cinema over the last 34 years.
On average, local residents listed more than 5 films, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial being the most popular, as 39% of the people said they’d have loved to have seen the 1982 science-fiction in their local cinema.
ODEON has now pledged to screen the blockbuster in Orpington (dates of screening TBC).
Other titles missed by local residents included Mamma Mia! The Movie (32 per cent), recent box office sensation, Star Wars: The Force Awakens (30 per cent), Die Hard (28 per cent) and James Cameron’s science fiction epic Avatar (27 per cent).
The Top 5 films missed in Orpington for the last 30 years are:
1. E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (39 per cent)
2. Mamma Mia! The Movie (32 per cent)
3. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (30 per cent)
4. Die Hard (28 per cent)
5. Avatar (27 per cent)
“We’re just one month away from opening the doors of our new cinema, and the team couldn’t be more excited,” said Trevor Cavell, General Manager at ODEON Orpington. “To bring the magic of cinema back to Orpington high street after three decades – and with the cutting edge technology we can offer today – will be a truly unique experience for residents, and we look forward to welcoming as many local film fans on February 26th as we can.”
Key features of the new cinema will include:
• 959 seats across seven screens
• Cutting- edge 276 seat ISENSE screen featuring Dolby ATMOS sound
• ODEON Premiere seating, as well as ODEON’s sub-brands ODEON Kids, ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver Cinema & ODEON Screen Unseen
• Ben & Jerry’s ice cream
• Freshly-popped salted popcorn, Make It Your Way hot dogs, Pick & Mix, nachos and freshly-cooked lattice fries & chunky chips
• New made-to-order Italian pizza at the award-winning Croma Pizza Point
• Full range of alcoholic beverages and soft drinks
Some of the highly anticipated films to be shown in the brand-new cinema include:
• Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip