This event has passed, please check our latest events
Added by: TB
Sat, 4 July 2015
From 12:00pm to 20:00pm
Presenting.... "The Big O" - a new festival of arts and culture set in the beautiful Priory Gardens, Orpington!
Celebrating "Suburbia through the decades", with fashion shows, music & DJs, vintage stalls, classic cars, scooters, TV and Film props, a bake off.....free fun for all the family!
We have put together an amazing line up of live music and exhibitions to take you on a journey through time. Centred on “Pop Culture” and how it has shaped our lives, highlights include:
• 1950s Jive and Rock n Roll sessions
• 1960s The beatniks to Mod culture and to the Summer of Love
• 70s and 80s From Glam Rock to Live Aid, Punk to Disco!
• The Vintage Mobile Cinema
• Nightrider Car & Herbie (The Love Bug)
• The Tardis Dalek and Cyber men
• Thunderbird 3 & HG Wells The Time Machine
• Everyday life exhibition from The Memory Museum
• History of popular culture posters gallery
• Retro Stalls - Live bands - Djs
• Classic cars & Vintage scooters
• Craft Beers - Vintage tea tent - Kids attractions
• Food stalls & Community zone
There is most definitely something for everyone!
FESTIVAL GOERS PARKING AT THE WALNUTS SHOPPING CENTRE CAN EXCHANGE THEIR PARKING TICKET FOR A SPECIAL EXIT TICKET - £2 ALL DAY, AVAILABLE AT THE ORPINGTON 1ST TENT.
Tickets will be valid until midnight, so be sure to follow up the festival fun with a meal and drink at one of the excellent restaurants on our high street.