Added on: Notice: Smarty error: ordinal modifier: Parameter provided is not a number in /var/www/vhosts/towntalk.co.uk/httpdocs/subdomains/smarty/libs/Smarty.class.php on line 1075
From 10:00am to 12:00pm
Award-winning mental health arts project announces new course dates: 16th March for 9-11 weeks, 2-hour sessions at 1000 or 1300. Book today!
Credo is a Bromley-based creative arts project that has been changing the lives of people with lived experience of mental health for over 15 years.
The project provides people with an opportunity to express themselves creatively through the medium of ceramics, in a warm and supportive environment.
The incredible impact that Credo has had on its students for so many years was fully recognised when it won the Creative Arts category at the Markel 3rd Sector Care Awards in 2019.
Overseen by a professional ceramicist, sessions last for two hours and operate from a studio facility in St Paul’s Cray, Orpington, four days a week for a small contributory fee.
Credo courses are highly recommended by participants:
“My experience of Credo was that it was very welcoming and accessible. The small class sizes made it easy to get to know everyone and to get support from the tutor when I needed it. I am currently taking a break from university due to my chronic illness worsening, and having a weekly time to leave the house, socialise and learn new skills each week was extremely helpful for my mental and physical wellbeing, and I very much looked forward to it. Credo was especially good since it is much more affordable than many alternative classes- I would recommend it to a friend.”
Davina Sellick, Head of Marketing and Communications at Heritage Care (incorporating Community Options) said:
“Credo is an example of how our charity strives to provide a quality of support that gives meaning and colour to the lives of those living with mental ill health. Our ceramic courses are open to any who feel that they could benefit from exploring their creativity for an improved sense of mental wellbeing in a friendly environment.’
Credo Spring 2020 Course Information
• Courses are especially suited to those with lived experience of mental ill health although this is not a pre-requisite for taking a course
• Courses are offered as a block of sessions and they must be booked and paid for in full in advance
• These subsidised courses attract a contributory fee of £6.50 per session for people to take part (personal budgets can be used)
• Course run for 9-11 weeks from 16th March 2020. Available on Mon/Tue/Thur/Fri at 1000-1200 and 1300-1500
• Courses are now open for bookings: https://www.community-options.org.uk/new-ceramic-courses-for- spring-2020/